We provide RTITB accredited forklift training services for businesses across the East Midlands.
Whether it's Reach or Counterbalance training, our expert team trains from novice level to experienced, conversion or refresher. What's more, our 100% pass rate gives you full reassurance that you're in safe hands.
Please note that our forklift courses are available to businesses only that need to train and certify their employees as Forklift Operators.
WHO ARE OUR COURSES FOR?
The novice courses are designed for operators with little to no previous experience and are RTITB-accredited to comply with the standards set in accordance with the HSE Code of Practice L117.
We are also able to provide refresher and conversion training, and certification for experienced drivers, for both Counterbalance and Reach Forklift Trucks.
If your organisation is looking to provide forklift training to your workforce, then we can offer a bespoke service tailored to your requirements including non-accredited and in-house options. Contact us on 01636 611320 or email email@example.com for more details.
The cost and duration of the course will depend on the number of staff you need training. Please contact our Training Division on 01636 611320 for a quote.
Our courses are accredited to RTITB standards but we can also deliver without accreditation if required.
The following is an example course outline for the RTITB Counterbalance Forklift Truck operator training course (novice level):
This enables successful operators to use any Counterbalance Forklift up to a 5000 kg lifting capacity (with authorisation) anywhere in the UK.
You will be given the skills to operate the truck safely and efficiently, carry out a pre-use inspection, and recall and explain the causes of truck and load instability.
- Introduction to the forklift truck to be used including Daily Maintenance Checks
- Relevant Legislation and Regulations for pre-use inspection and take over maintenance
- Care of batteries/LPG/Diesel Trucks
- Controls and instruments
- Weight assessment/stability factors
- Starting, moving and stopping the truck
- Handling laden and unladen pallets
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Stacking/de-stacking – free-standing and in racking at various heights
- Loading and Unloading Procedures
- Safety code testing
Included within your course costs is RTITB certification and registration onto the National Operator Registration Scheme (NORS). NORS is a centralised register, certification and validation system for all Lift Truck operators and other mechanical handling equipment drivers.
- Practical test of basic operating skills
- Written test of operating knowledge