The Company is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. The Company must process personal data so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. The Company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
1. Collection and use of personal data
a. Purpose of processing and legal basis
The Company has collected your personal data and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Legitimate interest
b. Categories of data
The Company has collected the following personal data on you:
- Date of birth
- Contact details (including telephone number, email address and postal address)
- Training and qualifications
c. Legitimate interest
Where the Company has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
- The Company must process personal data that it can provide work-finding services to its clients and work seekers.
d. Recipient/s of data
The Company may process your personal data with the following recipients:
- Clients who may be potential Hirers you may be introduced to / supplied to work at via the Company.
- Master Vendor Companies who may provide services on behalf of Clients of the Company.
- Intermediary Companies who may provide employment contracting and payroll services to the Company.
2. Data retention
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time. The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) 2 years after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where the Company has obtained your consent to process your personal and sensitive personal data we will do so in line with our retention policy (a copy of which is available upon request). Upon expiry of that period, the Company may seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your personal data and sensitive personal data.
3. Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal data and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Helen Mason HR Manager Ambitions Personnel, Firth Court, Firth Road, Lincoln LN5 7WD.
4. Source of the personal data
Jobs Board / CV database (This information came from a publicly accessible source)
- LinkedIn (This information came from a publicly accessible source)
- Via email from you
- In person from you
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal data and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Helen Mason, HR Manager, Ambitions Personnel, Firth Court, Firth Road, Lincoln LN5 7WD.
5. Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact: Helen Mason, HR Manager, Ambitions Personnel, Firth Court, Firth Road, Lincoln LN5 7WD.
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.