Our client is a Freight and Logistics Management Specialist, and they are currently looking for an Export Operations Assistant to join their team in Rainham, Essex.
You’ll be responsible for
- Admin support for the Import/Export team, including documentation checks, system amendments, processing of paperwork and customer information
- You’ll also be supporting the operations team for all forwarding tasks for imports/exports, from the initial enquiry, preparation of documentation right through to raising invoices, liaising with clients, shipping lines, 3rd parties and other forwarders.
- As the Export Operations Assistant, you will always provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Working as part of an evolving and growing organisation, the role requires someone who can work with change and work proactively with other departments as the organisation develops.
Key responsibilities of the Export Operations Assistant
- Ensuring all records are complete/correct prior to processing, & raise the identified errors.
- Ensuring accuracy of files & import/export documentation for transfer internally & externally.
- Building strong working relationships with clients/shipping lines & agents.
- General forwarding & admin duties through FCL i.e. invoicing & quotations.
- Assisting with HMRC & client audits as & when required.
- Regular telephone & email activity with internal & external clients
- Raise invoices in a timely & accurate manner in line with the business finance timelines.
- Any other duties and responsibilities that may be agreed from time to time.
- Good negotiation skills & attention to detail.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in the Freight Industry at an operations level
- Experience processing bookings & liaising with internal/external clients
Holiday – 25 days plus bank holidays
If you want to grow and progress within a great company then don’t miss out on this!