This new role will involve working as part of a ‘New Product Development’ team and production operations.
Your job would to ensure all new products are fully prototyped and effectively designed as well as ensuring all buildings ready for production have the necessary assembly and machining jigs to fulfill production plans.
Your working hours would be ....
Monday to Friday 6am -4pm
Salary - £20,000 rising to £24,000 after 12 weeks probabtion period as a temp candidate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Production of assembly and machining jigs.
- Management and upkeep of your own, individual workshop area.
- Building prototype buildings and products from C.A.D. drawings, design briefs and from your own initiative.
- Any on-site joinery tasks in the factory, offices or show site.
- Examining building designs and suggesting improvements.
- Advising product designers on the structural needs of buildings, aesthetic elements and ways to reduce product build costs.
- Coming up with ideas to improve efficiency of production (i.e. ways to simplify cutting methods or quicker assembly methods)
- Working with other departments such as customer services, sales, marketing and installations to resolve any issues they might have requiring your expertise.
- Joinery experience (>2 years ideal)
- Ability to work to C.A.D. 2D drawings.
- Experienced in the use of power and hand tools.
- Knowledge of garden buildings.
- Willingness-to-learn new skills.
- Enthusiasm for the role and a hardworking nature.
- Mechanically minded.
- Level 2 Joinery/ Bench Joinery (not essential if adequately experienced)
- Wood machining experience (not essential as full training will be provided).
- Some basic I.T. skills would be helpful although training can be provided.
To apply please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org