Are you looking to work with a reputable, nationally recognised company that prides itself on being an honest, helpful and friendly place to work? Do you want to work for an innovative, forward thinking company that is always looking to better themselves and that of the experience of their customers? If any of these statements ring true with you then this could be the role for you.
Working with the Finance team as a VAT accountant and reporting to the Finance Director, you will lead on all VAT matters and provide vital support in the preparation of tax and other compliance returns.
As a VAT Accountant you must have experience working within a tax function and have advanced Excel skills. You must have experience operating in multiple European jurisdictions and have an understanding of customs and duties.
• Prepare and review VAT returns.
• Monitor postings made to VAT accounts and ensure all journals are correct and supported by appropriate documentation.
• Help set up new customer VAT registrations to ensure correct treatment globally.
• Complete system testing for new VAT rules and new products.
• Prepare and provide VAT training for the business.
• Review balance sheet tax-related reconciliations.
• Assist with the review of the annual PSA returns.
• Liaise with tax advisors, both overseas and in the UK.
• Assist with tax authority queries and provide information for audit queries.
• Guide and advise our Accounts team and the wider business on VAT matters, new products, invoice complexities and ad-hoc queries.
Having experience of working in a fast-paced environment would be advantageous.
If you feel that you fit the basic criteria of the role of VAT Accountant then please do not hesitate to 'hit apply' today and we can discuss this further.