Do you come from a logistics background and are looking for your next role? Or do you have strong administration / planning / scheduling skills and want to expand your knowledge into a new sector?
We are looking to recruit a Transport Planner for our client based in Ashbourne, Derbyshire.
Reporting directly to the Transport Manager, as the Transport Planner you will be responsible for:
- Organising delivery and collection of manufactured products and raw materials according to customer and company needs
- Scheduling and allocating loads for both the company fleet and subcontract hauliers whilst ensuring maximum utilisation of delivery vehicles
- Working as part of a small team, liaising with drivers, organising their work loads and monitoring driver hours to comply with legislative requirements
- Order management within the business ERP system
- Creation of pick lists
- Creation and issue of delivery documentation
- Issue of driver instruction
- Issue courier documentation
- Direct telephone links with customers to deal with enquiries and advise of delivery estimated times
- Arrange vehicle servicing according to schedules
- Tachograph management including record keeping and information download
The ideal Transport Planner will be:
- Able to proven relevant experience gained within a transport office and/or scheduling environment together with a basic knowledge and understanding of driver hour’s legislation
- Flexible in your approach to work you will be able to make decisions and use your own initiative
- You will be an organised and logical thinker, with well-developed communication skills
- An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential and experience of using route planning & ERP systems would be a distinct advantage
This is a temporary ongoing contract, with an immediate start date available. It is a Monday - Friday role, working 40 hours per week.
If the role of Transport Planner sounds of interest you please apply now, or call the office on 01623 600 835.