Salary: £27,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
We are looking for a Transport Planner to support the Transport Manager enabling my client to deliver a safe, efficient, reliable and cost-effective delivery and collection service for their Company and customers.
What you’ll do…
- Plan daily routes, deliveries, and collections for the fleet of 30 vehicles across multiple sites
- Ensure the maintenance of vehicles is carried out efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Liaising with local garages to ensure defects are rectified immediately.
- Managing the drivers working time and drivers’ time
- Monitor through weekly reports and feed back to the Transport Manager
- Managing absence and working with HR with regard to other staffing issues
What we’re looking for…
- A proven track record in transport
- Have knowledge of Word and Excel
- An understanding of tracking systems and good geographical knowledge
- Have a professional telephone manner.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
Applicants must be reliable with a good work ethic and be able to follow health and safety guidelines.
Would suit someone with previous logistics, transport, haulage or delivery experience. Please call Jo on 01476 574514 for email your CV to email@example.com