Are you management material?
Engineering Manager - Sick cover until the end of the year.
8.00 to 17.00 - Monday to Friday
The role includes:
Taking ownership of all aspects of Engineering works on the Newark site, ensuring safe maximum reliability and availability at best cost and developing existing engineering expertise to a World Class Standard. To continuously improve reliability of process plant and infrastructure safely and to develop the Engineering personnel competencies.
- To ensure process plant and infrastructure safe working conditions are maintained and improved
- To measure and perform against agreed KPIs
- To ensure environmental impact is minimised and reduced with regard to process plant and infrastructure
- Ensure the Engineering team is briefed, consulted, trained and developed to improve plant performance
- To develop and operate a structured approach to maintenance
- To support continuous improvement activities, fully exploiting all opportunities to improve plant reliability
- Ensure safety audits, risk assessments, SMATs are carried out to the required timescale and standard
- Ensure Company methodologies and standards (inc. safety standards) are understood and implemented by all Engineering personnel and contractors
- Ensure structures are in place for briefing, consulting, training and developing the Engineering team
- Completion of assigned projects as outlined in the Policy Deployment process
- Identify capital project opportunities and write application papers
- Significant experience leading a multi-disciplined team within a manufacturing environment.
- Ideally, candidates will have experience of working using WCM or similar CI methodology
- Experience of operating in a Corporate environment i.e. used to working in a systematic way and adhering to stringent procedures
- Experience of handling a variety of people issues and a good understanding of HR protocol and employment legislation
- A good understanding of how all the business functions interact
- Essential is the ability to influence people at all levels
- Experience of change management
- Project management
- Safety, quality and environment management through ISO standards
- Personal attributes will include drive, determination, energy and enthusiasm.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills