Are you an engineering graduate with a flair for design? Maybe you’re a technical sales administrator who wants to move into a more involved role? Or maybe you’re an experienced draughtsperson who is simply looking for a new challenge.
Either way if you’re keen to make your mark on a company and establish a solid career with an innovative and sustainable company, the next step in your career is below.
Reporting to The Head of Operations and Production, you will understand customer needs and performance requirements in order to produce product design solutions.
You will be responsible for creating product designs from initial concept to full detailed drawings and detailed product specifications, preparing project engineering data; 3D/2D Drawings, BoM's, Technical Specifications and working in conjunction with a multi-disciplined team to ensure new product designs are vigorously engineered.
- Performing column design calculations within our defined program.
- Creating Autocad drawings and maintaining the drawing register.
- Undertaking product rationalisation exercises.
- Assisting with process change and cost down initiatives.
- Programming the plasma cutting machines in order to meet product specification
- Providing technical help and support to the sales team
- Reviewing existing drawings and correcting errors, checking calculations to determine steel specification changes
- Develop bills of materials for input into the Sage system
- Restructure the drawing register in order to improve access, enable bills of material to link to product drawings
- Manage the code structure register
- Provide production with a means to verify production output rates – standard times for manufacturing
If you are educated to Honours Degree (or a similar level) in an engineering discipline, have some engineering design experience and are proficient with AutoCAD I want to hear from you!
Please call Lynsey on 01623 629966, this major PLC business is waiting for you!