We have an exciting new role available at a flagship organic vegetable growing business providing innovation and quality based in Yaxley.
A Permanent Full-Time position based over 38.5 hour week.
- Take ownership of Health & Safety.
- Ensure adequate operational cover at all times, including agency labour. Agree with Production Manager.
- Take ownership of counselling meetings when required.
- Manage and monitor absence within the department. Ensure that all Return to Work paperwork is filled out within the first two hours of the shift starting and that the department is following the Absence and Timekeeping policy.
- Ensure all Tensor and Minute sheets and pre-start checks are checked and signed off.
- Carry out short interval controls.
- Ensure line performance records are completed and up-to-date at all times and that all production KPIs are recorded accurately.
- Driveline efficiencies to achieve and challenge/exceed performance targets.
- Successfully achieve all KPIs and be prepared to report to the Production Managers.
- Ensure for each production team all documentation is being filled in accurately and in accordance with site Quality Procedures.
- Report details of unplanned downtime to Production Managers and any other such problems which might impact on Customer Service and Production Performance like quality issues, stock issues etc.
- Check stock at the end of the shift and make sure that stock is used within the rotation.
- Monitor waste and take a pro-active approach with your team in reducing raw material waste within the department. Ensure grader and machinery is running to provide an efficient service and achieve the required standards.
- To motivate and communicate clearly and effectively with your team. Ensure that appropriate training is identified and training arranged as appropriate.
- To take ownership of the housekeeping standards both inside and outside the department and ensure that all staff are following Good Manufacturing Practises (GMP) at all times.
- Encourage your team to report all engineering and maintenance issues at the earliest opportunity.
- Good verbal and written English.
- Flexible/positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Good computer skills including word, excel, power-point, outlook, Navision
- Good team player.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong communication skills
If you feel you fit this position well - Click Apply Now or call us on 01733 562303. If you don’t have an up to date CV, no problem! Send us what you have to Sharni.Mandair@ambitionspersonnel.com and we will review it for you.