We are recruiting for a Stores & Warehouse Team Leader for a market leading organisation based in Huntingdon. If you have experience in supervising, leading, or managing others within a manufacturing or warehouse environment then this is a great opportunity for you.
The job purpose is to ensure that the site Stores & Warehouse operations run to the agreed plan achieving cost and accuracy targets in a safe manner. Managing all receipts, storage & issue of stock, transfer of finished goods to third party storage & all associated paperwork, on a shift-by-shift basis.
Duties and responsibilities of a Stores & Warehouse Team Leader
- In conjunction with the HR department and Warehouse Manager, participate in recruitment and induction as well as other HR processes in the Stores, including discipline, holiday authorisation, training, absence, and the like.
- Actively drive continuous improvement of achievable KPI targets & include within that regular performance reviews.
- Ensure that direct reports are correctly deployed and are performing to standards in adherence to the plan, goods receipt, stock rotation, picking accuracy, stock reconciliation, production quality, stores’ administration, health and safety, hygiene, and food safety standards.
- To oversee dispatch of finished goods to a third-party storage facility.
- Deliver any agreed KPI’s within the area through the team.
- Proactively resolve day to day issues affecting performance, managing the movement or transfer of resources between areas or shifts.
- Manage stores control processes and associated administration and record keeping inclusive of cyclic counting.
- Manage the communication processes upwards and sideways to ensure that the Kitchen Range management team has a clear understanding of the Stores & Warehouse performance and the opportunities and challenges facing the Stores & Warehouse team.
- Liaise with and build a strong working relationship with other key functions.
- Maintain standards of food quality, safety, hygiene and housekeeping consistent with those set by the company and their customers.
- Ensure a safe working environment exists for all Stores & Warehouse workers and people using the stores and yard areas and that the standards meet the requirements of the business as set out in the Company Health, Safety and Environmental manual.
- Maintain overall general records for the Stores area, including stock accuracy records.
- To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g., Due care and diligence of site MHE.
- To Identify and display a positive attitude towards change and continuous improvement within your area of responsibility. Assist others in the implementation of change and provide feedback for improvement for the processes in which you are involved.
- To fully comply with the company behavioural policies and values.
The ideal candidate for a Stores & Warehouse Team Leader must have
- Counterbalance, Reach & Powered Pallet Trucks Licence
- Good level of education.
- Relevant experience within a stores/warehouse environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Shows initiative, self-motivated & well organised.
- The logical approach to problem solving.
- Good IT ability.
- Report writing & procedural writing skills.
- Willingness to embrace & develop new ideas.
This Stores & Warehouse Team Leader role is Monday to Friday on 2-week rotation shift 06:00 - 14:00 and 14:00 - 22:00
This is a permanent opportunity with an immediate start.
Apply now for this Stores & Warehouse Team Leader job!!! Contact us on 01733 562303 or come into our office at Ambitions Personnel, 8b Church Street, Peterborough, PE1 1XB