An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Production Shift Manager to join our client on a permanent basis near Boston. The successful candidate will be responsible assisting in the day to day management of the site to meet the commercial requirements of the business whilst maximising efficiency and upholding quality, health, safety and environmental standards.
You will be responsible for:
• Manage and organise staff members to ensure all production needs are met
• Set out daily / weekly / monthly tasks to be completed including when and by whom
• Ensure the warehouse and plant are maintained to a high standard and that regular maintenance is scheduled including liaising with suppliers regarding servicing and repairs
• Liaise with Administration Department to ensure accurate stock figures at all times
• Resolve any issues with incoming and outgoing stock
• Liaise with planners regarding commodity movement to and from site
• Oversee the conditioning and processing of bulk commodities
• Comply with company procedures and customer requirements
• Liaise with Operations Management regarding warehouse utilisation
• Liaise with Operations Manager regarding quality issues
• Provide advice on potential problems and courses of action
• Responsible for staff in Operation Managers absence
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• IT Literate with experience of using Microsoft Office and any other stock control systems
• Experience in a similar operations based role
• Full driving license
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships both internally and externally
• Ability to work co-operatively with others and independently at times without supervision
• Able to cope under pressure and work towards deadlines
• A flexible approach to working hours. Shifts are 4 days on 4 days off, days and nights.
If you feel you meet the criteria then we would like to hear from you. Please note you may be subject to various assessments as part of the recruitment process.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been successful.