We have a perfect opportunity available for an experienced Purchasing assistant to work for our client based in Grantham. You will be working for a well-known automated manufacturing company renowned for its precision engineering, fabrication facilities and quality control.
The hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8am-5pm and Fridays 8am-4pm.
- Being responsible for the purchasing team which includes two purchasing assistants and an expeditor
- Seeking reliable vendors and suppliers to provide quality goods at reasonable prices to expand supplier network
- Monitoring order requests and ensuring timely delivery of parts
- Liaising with a core of preferred suppliers and maintaining relationships
- Reviewing technical specifications for raw materials, components and equipment with the company planner and shop floor supervisors
- Continuously comparison shopping and negotiating to make sure the company gets the best possible prices on needed supplies
- Working with a brand new purchasing system
- Communicating with suppliers and to make sure supplies get where they need to be when they need to be, even when a deadline is tight
- Maintaining a network of professional contacts in order to discover new opportunities for good deals on orders
- Forecasting demand for certain products and making orders accordingly
- Checking inventory and tracking how inventory is being used
- 3+ years of purchasing and procurement experience within a group structured company or subsidiary.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively liaise with suppliers.
- Strong organisational skills to effectively manage a busy and ever-growing supply chain.
- Ability to deliver to deadlines across different departments.
- Negotiation skills to be able to secure the best pricing and value for money possible.
- Commercial and financial awareness.
- The confidence in making important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines.
If you have the relevant experience please contact Meda on 01476 574514 or email a CV to email@example.com.