We are looking for Quality Controller to join our Client on a permanent basis. The factory is based in Doddington near March.
As a Quality Controller, you will be working Monday to Friday shift between 18:30-03:00.
To maintain Celox / Oculus optical grader operation, optimising product quantity and quality throughout, while providing our Customers with product that meets specification at all times. Support the Technical Function in all aspects on Technical Assurance.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Communicate any product or performance issues while continually monitoring waste levels/ agreed performance targets.
- Develop, monitor and manage systems to maintain an efficient optical quality grading process.
- Follow all operator procedures outlined in the Operating Manuals for the Celox / Oculus, and any additional maintenance / machine tasks set by site engineering.
- Monitor product quality on the line and adjust machine settings accordingly to ensure customer specification compliance.
- Undertake Blue Dye testing on high risk and known problematic product lines and raw material. Record any issues found on Navision, investigate the root cause and take appropriate action.
- Carry out Positive Release Inspections.
- Visually check packaging print/colour/clarity and take appropriate action for any discrepancies identified.
- Monitor product quality through shelf life (incl. Gas Analysis testing), document and communicate any concerns accordingly.
- Undertake finished product quality assurance checks. Record findings and highlight any discrepancies to Quality Team Leaders, re-assess to ensure the product meets specification.
Key attributes skills and abilities:
The ideal candidate for Quality Controller will have:
- Knowledge of customer requirements and quality specifications.
- Good planning, organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Basic / intermediate food hygiene certificate.
- Basic computer skills – Microsoft packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, and Navision.
- Ability to remain impartial and show fairness; demonstrate consistency when dealing with difficult situations.
- Anticipate problems and be proactive with regards to solving them.
Sound good? Apply now, send us your CV or call us if you have any queries on 01733 562303.