An opportunity has arisen to join a leading food manufacturer in the Mansfield area, the role of Quality Assurance will be to support the ‘Technical and Goods In’ team to ensure raw materials comply with food safety and legislative requirements. Ensure relevant goods intake checks are carried out within a timely manner and released on internal systems.
- Working closely with internal departments including Goods In, Supply Chain and the wider Technical Team
- Assisting in third party visits and audits, participating in the company internal audit programme, and providing support within the Technical Department.
- Keeping the positive release system updated
- Support in maintaining the Supplier Approval system
- Ensure relevant raw materials and packaging are sampled on intake in accordance with our procedures and tested/ assessed and recorded accordingly.
- Ensure that intake checks are carried out on all relevant raw materials and C of A checks.
- Ensure that raw material reference samples are managed and stored correctly.
- Raising supplier non-conformances and assisting in the management of the close out of non-conformances
- Carrying out raw material sampling/ testing as required and ensure relevant records are kept up to date
- Managing non-conforming and quarantined raw materials e.g., shelf-life extensions/ rejections/ hold stock and assisting in the management of stock rotation.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment within the Warehouse/ Goods in area and completing relevant records.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Successful candidates must be educated to a good standard with a minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent, including Maths, English & Science Grade C or above.
- Experience within the food industry would be advantageous
- A strong communicator with a conscientious and diligent attitude who can work collaboratively within a team
- The ability to be flexible, multitask and work well under pressure
- Computer literate and the ability to learn to use internal systems.
- Physically fit to undertake manual handling, taste testing
- There may be times when you may need to cover other roles or hours outside of your usual shift pattern (including weekends) so flexibility is important.
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more information, please do not hesitate to click apply.