£22k - £25k per annum | Ashbourne, Derbyshire | Full time, permanent.
Are you a Purchasing Assistant or an aspiring Purchasing Assistant looking for a new opportunity? Our client in Ashbourne is looking for someone to join their ever growing team.
As the Purchasing Assistant you will work closely with the Purchasing Manager & Buyer to support the execution of the operational processes of the purchasing department. Whilst initially focussed on administrative tasks such as data and document processing within strict deadlines, there is also the opportunity to learn about the Procurement process and develop with the team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create, update and administer Purchase Agreements in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager and Buyer.
- Organise collection of documentation and samples for RM Approval and oversee completion of RM Approval documents internally ready to pass through to QA for approval.
- Monthly Supplier Performance reviews.
- Monthly completion of RM Usage records.
- Analyse and record Invoice Queries.
- Part of the team answering switchboard calls and answering the door to visitors.
- Raise Spot Purchase Orders to assist Material Planning (Supply Chain).
- Liaison with Suppliers and other departments within the company.
You will be required to maintain effective daily communication with several other departments within the company and external contacts at all levels.
This is a great role for someone wanting to pursue a career in Procurement, together with their commercial experience.
As the Purchasing Assistant you’ll need to:
- Be able to demonstrate excellent administration skills
- Communicate effectively with internal colleagues and suppliers
- Be a self-starter and quick learner who can manage their time effectively
- Be very comfortable using all Microsoft software packages
Benefits and other information:
- Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.
- 25 days holiday
- Onsite parking
- Healthcare cash plan scheme
- Company pension matched to 5%
If you are interested in this role hit apply now.