Are you looking to join one of the largest privately-owned Diesel Engineering Service organisations in the UK. Founded over 70 years ago, they have been a strong market leader and are continually expanding. The role they are currently recruiting for is a Purchasing Administrator.
To be a successful Purchasing Administrator, you will work effectively in the purchase administration team and with other internal stakeholder, you will undertake purchase administration work to achieve departmental goals set out by the purchasing supervisor & Purchasing and Inventory Controller. You will also assist other team members to manage and complete workload where required
- Ensure that purchase requisitions are processed timely
- Ensure all purchase orders are signed off with the appropriate authorisation levels; value and requirement
- Ensure goods are allocated from stock first and foremost with purchase orders placed to replenish stock back to the required holding levels
- Allocation of shipments
- Production of pick sheets for the dispatch team
- Produce outbound delivery notes and labels for the dispatch team
- Support the investigation of shortages/missing items identified in the warehouse.
- Develop the supplier relationships, performance and methods of working.
- Log, track and manage compliance issues.
- Maintain KPI reporting and analyse data to assess the performance of suppliers (OTIF/Purchase orders unfulfilled/Time to serve (internal)/Supplier quality)
- Assist in resolving any arising problems or complaints from suppliers or customers
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 quality standards and identify areas for process improvement within the department.
- Ensure compliance with QHSE policies and procedures
- Comply with all laws and regulations, upholding the highest standard of ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Maintain open communication with all internal stakeholders on department progress.
· Ensure feedback is given to the Purchasing Supervisor & Purchasing and Inventory Controller for performance conversations to assist with own development
The right person will:
- Have knowledge of procurement and purchasing best practices
- Inventory management experience
- Experience of working in a purchasing environment
- Experience of working with suppliers and developing supplier relationships
- Good communication Skills
- Problem solving and decision-making ability
- Computer Literate including relevant MS Office Applications
- Market and Customer knowledge would be an advantage
- Self- motivated and have a positive attitude
If Purchasing Administrator sounds like a role you would be interesting know more about, please hit apply today for more information!