Temporary (10 months)
Full Time, 37 hours per week
Our well established client is looking for a Project Officer to join their team on a temporary basis to support with an ongoing project. You will be carrying out a variety of task to support the project and ensure compliance is at the forefront of all tasks.
You will be responsible for;
- Survey sites/properties and prepare accurate detail/working drawings.
- Organise contractors’ work and liaise with owners/tenants and other statutory authorities.
- Supervise works, ensure adherence to specifications, quality control, and monitor progress of completions and monitor costs against budgets.
- Prepare and compile accurate site records.
- Provide technical support to other officers within the Property and Development team.
- Ensure standardisation of details and specifications wherever possible.
- Draft basic reports or provide technical information, for use in the production of detailed reports by Senior Management.
- Investigate defects in properties, identify probable causes and prepare reports for consideration of funding.
- Prepare repair specifications involving traditional and innovative solutions.
- Obtain all technical calculations and approvals/guarantees.
The ideal candidate will have;
- HNC/HND B Tech Building Construction (consideration would be given to equivalent practical experience, e.g. over 5 years)
- Full driving licence or the ability to make suitable alternative arrangements
- Preparation of design drawings and specifications for a wide variety of works
- Development of building refurbishment schemes in commercial and domestic buildings
- New build housing and commercial developments
- Management of building contract
- Ability to use initiative to resolve specific building problems
- Ability to adopt an ordered, systematic and thorough approach to work tasks and record keeping
- Flexibility in terms of hours and duties
- Willingness to undertake further training
- Genuine enthusiasm for the post
If this role is of interest to you and you feel you have the necessary experience, please hit apply!