The Benefits are endless…
12.30 finish on a Friday,
25 days holiday plus bank holidays,
Continuous professional development.
Do you like the idea of working for an SME business? Everyone knows your name and you know who everyone is.
Reporting to the Divisional Financial Controller as the Payroll and Purchase Ledger Controller you will have two primary functions, process the company payroll in a timely and accurate manner and manage the whole purchase ledger process from purchase orders through to invoicing and reconciliation.
There will be enough time for you to do both the payroll and the purchase ledger as there are 60 members of staff and if you’ve previously worked within an SME business before you will understand how much of a team effort everything becomes.
- Processes company’s payroll for hourly and salaried paid employees, including Directors in SAGE Payroll
- Maintains SAGE payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data
- Payroll changes are authorised by HR and collated onto the change’s spreadsheet for action
- Liaise with HR regarding changes in exemptions, job status, and job titles
- Computes employee take-home pay based on-time records, benefits, and taxes
- Answers staff questions about wages, pension, deductions, attendance, and time records
- Processes payslips, P45 / P60 documentation as required
- Ensures all leave and other absences are accurately recorded on Timeware
- Adheres to payroll policies and procedures and complies with relevant law
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records
Purchase Ledger duties:
- Accountable for the whole purchase ledger process, from purchase orders through to invoices and reconciliation
- Matching, checking, and coding invoices to the purchase order process
- Review payment terms
- Working out VAT payments
- Credit card management
- Making payments via BACS and direct debit
- Processing staff expenses
- Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Filing invoices
- Managing petty cash
- Purchase ledger maintenance
- Foreign invoices and currency valuation
If you like being the go-to person, a person with a different hat each day then CLICK APPLY NOW!