- Do you have experience of continuous improvement methodologies?
- Do you have strong data manipulation experience on all Microsoft packages?
- Do you have strong communication skills?
- Do you have good financial acumen?
- Are you a self-motivated individual?
In your new role as Operational Excellence Facilitator, you will support the Operational Excellence Co-Ordinator to embed and deploy various Operational Excellence tools and techniques to engage a culture of Operational Excellence supporting the change of culture and mindset to improve site performance.
Deliver Pilgrims Management Methods, OE training, improvement projects and analysis of KPIs to help deliver site CI plans. Support the overall site strategy OE improvement programme, being participant in relevant Daily Routine Management reviews and projects. Participate in improvement projects supporting delivery of PIPs to deliver best in class operational excellence.
Provide data analysis and trending of data to identify top priorities for improvement.
Your main duties as Operational Excellence Facilitator will be:
- Supporting the deployment and embed a range of Operational Excellence and lean techniques to deliver best in class operational excellence which can be measured through the financial performance of the factory and in line with Profit Improvement Plans (PIP).
- Support the deployment of OE tools and techniques
- Support with Daily Routine Management as the operating system to close the gap
- Use and implement a root cause problem solving methodology and capability across the factory.
- Review current ways of working within the factory in terms of product and process flow, making suitable recommendations in terms of improvement, using Operational Excellence techniques.
- Complete analysis on performance and speeds with the aim of maximising line efficiency using OE methods such as work studies, process / task mapping, 5s etc.
- Maintain your knowledge of the latest developments in continuous improvement best practice and undertake any other duties as may be required as part of an inter dependent team.
- Contribute to maintaining a safe working environment. To monitor and control any negative safety or environmental impact arising from the processes within area of responsibility; ensuring that all direct reports and colleagues are briefed and clear regarding their responsibilities.
- To undertake any other reasonable and relevant duties as required by Management.
- Performance Measurement and Improvement: to identify areas for potential improvement and measure existing process. Assist relevant factory personnel to implement changes leaving in place a system to measure the process on-going and to quantify and value the improvement.
- Waste identification and recording: to identify areas of process waste and value it if the wastage is a genuine part of the process. Analyse the waste figures – can it be reduced / eliminated. If it is genuine waste, then recommend the most cost-effective way of handling it.
- Giveaway monitoring: Identify reasons for fluctuations and review process to identify areas where giveaway can be reduced
- Expenditure justification: Quantify and evaluate (based on new equipment’s and capital cost) the cost improvement in the revised process. Specify current methods and costs. Identify and revise methods and then cost and re-evaluate these after implementation.
- Manning Reviews: analysing manning levels within the appropriate areas and making recommendations to senior management as to how these could be adjusted to optimum levels to make the area / department more cost effective and efficient.
- Work Study Methodology: The ability to apply work study / timings methodology and theory to the factory positions that are most labour intensive / primarily operative controlled. This information would be used to facilitate manning reviews and made decisions online layouts. You will also work closely with the Group Engineering department to have an input upon line layout / design.
- Management Information / Statistics: Publish and distribute timely and accurate information to the Senior Management Team. Challenge and modify the information with a view to current business needs.
- To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g., reduction of waste, recycling etc.
If you are interested in this position, please call me today on 01476 574514