You will be working for an internationally recognised company who is also the largest independent OTR tyre dealer in the UK. The company draw on decades of expertise to serve quarries, waste contractors and ports with OTR tyre management solutions. The company has strong environmental morals and do their best to contribute their part to conservation in an industry that is doing their best to lead the way.
The purpose of Service Desk Support Technician is to provide an easy to reach, single point of contact for quick resolution of IS-related issues, requests, and enquiries. The Service Desk Support Technician also ensures that the international IS team is kept informed of major issues and systems outages that may be taking place and liaise as required.
- Respond, track, resolve and report team member’s IT-related issues in a timely manner
- Empathise with the team member’s issue and the impact to their daily routine and to the business
- Prioritise issues and manage requests accordingly
- Perform basic to intermediate troubleshooting on computer hardware, software, peripherals, and network infrastructure
- The procurement and set-up of computer hardware
- Identify issues to be escalated and the appropriate area to escalate to
- Seek opportunities to automate or streamline support activities where appropriate
- Keep team members informed of status and resolution of their IS related issues
- There may be some after-hours on call emergency support and infrequent travel to locations across the UK
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communication skills including strong verbal and active listening.
- Solid keyboarding experience is desired.
- The ability to act with professional discretion, and handle frequent interruptions
- Experienced team player with excellent priority management skills.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following areas: Desktop, Application Support, Network Infrastructure, Customer Service.
If this a role you think you could thrive in, please hit apply today!