Are you someone who has a 'can do' positive attitude?
This is an opportunity for someone who has been working within the import and export environment for a number of years and wants to progress to being a key figure in the department and business.
Are you passionate about leading people and working smarter? This role will also hold responsibility for the day to day management of an administrator.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Import / Export knowledge and experience to high standard
- Good working knowledge of customs tariffs
- Good working knowledge of the international transport and logistics industry
- Familiar with MSS reporting and documentation requirements.
- Familiar with Customs Procedure codes and their specific use
- Proficient with Office 365: Excel, word, outlook and teams
- An effective communicator with customers, suppliers and key internal stakeholders
- A positive, can do attitude who works proactively and is a solutions provider.
- Can offer situational leadership and coaching to all levels of the business.
- Completion of Import and export documentation as required by the HMRC customs and excise in line with the business requirements and internal instructions.
- Own a master data system in terms of country of origins, commodity codes, duel use items and commodity code classification as required.
- Work with suppliers in obtaining relevant data for origin of goods declarations, Certificate of Origins when required by customers.
- Maintain an understanding of all regulatory and legislation changes to be able to best advise the business in their decision making.
- Invoice processing, query handling and reconciliation for import and export activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with the Chamber of Commerce, Department for International Trade, HMRC, SPIRE – and utilising for advice and guidance where required.
- Have a good working understanding of inward processing relief (IPR) and outward processing relief (OPR) to best advise the business
- Have a working awareness of all other licenses required for import and exporting.
If this sounds like the skillset you behold, please do not hesitate to hit apply!