We are looking for a highly diligent candidate with excellent attention to detail for the role of Quality Manager. The Quality Manager will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating internal production processes, examining products to determine their quality, engaging with customers, and gathering product feedback, among other duties.
- Lead the EHS and Quality functions for the location
- To be responsible for Environmental and the Quality function activities for the MSDE Grantham location to ensure location, Division, Corporate, Legal, external audit and customer expectations are met.
- Part of the site leadership team providing input to all aspects of leadership of the site.
- To lead Quality activities for the MSDE location in Grantham to ensure location, Division, Corporate, external audit and customer expectations are met.
- To lead EHS activities for the location to ensure location, legal, Division, Corporate, external audit compliance.
- To maintain and optimise EHS and Quality Management systems.
- Direct leadership and supervision of Quality Technicians and EHS Champions
- Identify and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work with stakeholders to create and implement EHS and Quality plans as required.
- Lead the internal quality management system audit programme and ensure corrective action closure.
- Reports to the location management team on Quality matters and relevant involvement in site leadership, strategy deployment, talent development and performance decisions.
- Support external audits Inc UK HSE, DNV and from customers.
- Ensure Critical to Quality requirements are identified and met through development.
- Prepare & present 6 monthly Quality Management Review and Monthly Safety Reviews to site Management team.
- Administer Quality and Safety data bases, e.g. Ensure customer warranty claims are actioned in a timely manner within site targets.
- Represent the Safety and Quality functions at enquiry, contract and design reviews.
- Work with the location leadership team to drive energy and sustainability projects to further improve site sustainability
- Lead the EHS function to ensure the location meets legal & Corporate compliance
- Lead the Quality function to meet the corporate and customer expectations for the business.
- Manage internal processes to meet the operational needs of the location (location plans and Maturity Matrix).
- Ensure location compliance with policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with Engineering, customers and suppliers on product development and design review for quality issues.
- Work with other location and Division teams to achieve the expected levels of Safety and Quality continuous improvement.
- Facilitate training and development for people in the location to have an empowered team actively working to continuously improve and grow the business.
- Plan, report and present to ensure awareness and compliance with requirements.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Approvals on Quality product and process compliance matters.
- Decisions relating to acceptability or otherwise of issues arising on Quality related matters.
- Determine actions required to improve processes, resolve audit issues and resolve in-house and customer reported health, safety, environment and Quality issues.
PLANNING AND ORGANISATION
- Planning of resources to fulfil Safety and Quality commitments
- Planning of process to optimize the product development, production, corporate and customer requirements.
- Planning meetings and activities with suppliers, in-house personnel, customers and regulatory authorities
- Planning of audits and follow up actions to meet EHS and Quality requirements.
- A Quality professional, ideally degree level qualified and with good working knowledge of engineering principles
- 3+ years working in manufacturing with major OEM customers
- 3+ years working in a senior Quality role plus Safety responsibility experience
- 6 Sigma or similar formal problem-solving experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of ISO requirements for EHS and Quality
- Excellent communicator with people at all levels
- Excellent leadership, negotiation and presentation skills
- Logical thinker who can work through processes and problem solving
- Ability to implement changes and motivate others to do so
- Completer / Finisher
- Strong customer satisfaction ethos
- Ability to organise, plan, coordinate and execute
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Lead auditor
- QSi, Gensuite (or similar) database administration
- The individual must be able to work closely with the site Leadership team, supporting colleagues and take responsibility for overall site activities as required.
- Willingness to travel, including internationally when required.
- The salary is up to £40,000 per annum, depending on prior experience.
- A background within engineering would be preferable for this position.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply today.