We are looking for a Farm Area Manager to provide overall responsibility for the production of Broiler Farm chickens within the area of Ashbourne/Derbyshire for processing at the company’s processing facilities. This permanent role is 40 hours per week.
- Responsible for budgetary control.
- Monitor and control any negative environmental impact.
- Manage, recruit, and recommend appointment, transfers and promotion of all staff under direct control.
- Manage and direct farm management team to achieve effectiveness in all areas and making sure Broiler farms operate consistently to meet all targets.
- Liaise with Veterinary / Nutritional Consultants and Laboratory on all issues of flock heath status and performance.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with all staff, ensuring team is well informed on all matters relating to them.
- Responsible for health and safety, welfare, induction training and regular development through progress reviews.
- Handling complaints and queries.
- Manage and maintain noise levels, site security, vehicle movement, pollution and general appearance of site.
- Maintaining production records.
- Public relations.
- Create and maintain regular daily farm visit reports.
- On-call support for allocated farms and assist with cover for holidays/absence.
- Attend training courses as required.
- Work with the environmental department to reduce CCS score.
- Organise the annual CMI environmental audit and carry out pre audits to ensure compliance.
- Minimum 24 months Field Manager experience.
- Minimum 3 years Broiler Growing experience.
- People management experience in an advisory capacity.
- Budget management experience.
- Full driving license.
- Ability to handle livestock.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer literate.
In return, we can offer you:
- £42,000 salary.
- Company car.
If you are interested in this role or want more information, then please hit apply today or call Jeetinder on 01332 343732.