Do you have the skills to be an Electrical Design Engineer? Are you conscientious and hard working person with a keen eye for detail?
The role as an Electrical Design Engineer will involve working within the technical department team of mechanical designers and software engineers, taking projects through the hardware design phases creating schematic drawings for control cabinets and distributed controls using EPLAN P8. As an Electrical Design Engineer you will also be using Draft sight for machine layouts.
You will be working 40 hours per week as structured below:
7.30 to 4.30 Monday to Thursday (30min unpaid lunch)
7.30 to 1.30 Fridays
Job Responsibilities for an Electrical Design Engineer
- Basic EPLAN Skills – The below criteria outline the basic fundamentals required, anything additional to this is advantageous.
- Project – Creating, copying, renaming, deleting, backing up, restoring, exporting, etc.
- Project Structure – Correct use of IEC 81346
- Pages – Types, numbers, structure.
- Plot frame – To make sure the correct one is in use / change to another if required.
- Macro creation – Correct symbology to IEC 60617, part assigned correctly, variants if needed, types of macros, etc.
- Part creation – Import via data portal, import via EDZ, create from scratch.
- Part insertion – Change display properties, copy/assign display properties
- Correct use of navigators – Device, terminal, page, 2D layout, 2D parts, interruption, connections, etc.
- Wire idents – Place designations, enter designations.
- EPLAN boxes – Structure box, black box, PLC box, macro box
- Representation types – multi-line, single line, Graphic, pair cross-reference, etc.
- Reports – Specifying a report template for a project, generating, deleting, updating, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Work, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Design Skills A sound working knowledge of the machinery standards, in particular ISO 13849-1:2015 & 2006/42/EC, 2014/35/EU
- Experience of safety system configuration up to PL'd'.
- Siemens S7 experience – hardware configuration
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Work, Excel, PowerPoint.
- HND in Electrical Engineering or above
- Participate in Natgraphs high work standards:
- Ensure that your personal attitude and behaviour is professional, respectful and positive.
- Adhere to all company rules, procedures, and policies at all times.
- To adhere to all production documentation and instructions or drawings detailing the correct method of production.
- Use all tooling in a safe and effective manner for the purpose it was intended.
- Follow and complete all work in a timely manner in the priority order and schedule order agreed.
- Actively engage in any Company training programs to ensure that your skills and level of training are of the highest obtainable level and that you are fully flexible and able to build the widest range of products.
- Ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
If being an Electrical Design Engineer sounds challenging and suitable to your skillset, then please apply today!