Support for CIPS qualification is available…
Does this sound like you?
- Commercially astute – see the deal and is able to close, being creative if needed to deliver the best value to the business.
- Enjoys the detail and numbers but understands the wider commercial and operational implications and opportunities.
- High energy and can-do attitude, a strong relationship builder that finds a way to make things happen internally and in the supply chain.
- Effective team player who remains calm under pressure and can meet demanding deadlines.
- Excellent personal time-management, organisation, and planning skills.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Confident and highly motivated.
- Enjoys making change happen and is keen to make an impact.
With sites in the UK and Europe, which is part of a major FTSE 250 International group this is a great opportunity for you to join a successful business.
Working as the Buyer at the site in Newark you will work alongside the Stores and Purchasing Manager and manage a significant direct spend; you will lead this activity and also contribute to process improvement and operational performance.
Given the current cost challenges in the global market, you will be a good negotiator that can deliver the best value procurement, whilst ensuring surety of supply, just in time delivery and satisfactory service levels.
- Be active in the supply chain to build relationships, manage performance, assess capabilities and capacity, conduct audits and other development activities.
- Improve commercial awareness and develop a culture of “doing deals” to deliver the best value procurement.
- Measure and report PPV (purchase price variance) with clear actions to address any variances.
- Work alongside the Purchasing and Stores Manager to review, negotiate and own a commodity base for critical long-lead-time parts sourced globally (such as machine parts, plastic moulding, packaging and electronics), to ensure continuity of supply and suitable UK stock levels to support changing demand.
- Lead and own key supplier relationships, build strong professional relationships to ensure that compliance, honesty, and trust is developed and maintained at all times.
- Ensure best value procurement with proper purchase order placement and terms & conditions in place to support all procurement activities.
- Support for CIPS qualification would be available.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Based at the facility in Newark.