An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Streetworks And Permitting Officer to join our prestige client based in Lincoln on a temporary ongoing basis.
Main duties will include but are not restricted to:
- To assist with all aspects of the Network Management service including the New Roads and Streetworks Act, the Traffic Management Act and all duties included within the Highways Permit Scheme.
- To assist with the management and co-ordination of all activities on the highway including events, statutory undertakers works and the County Council's work ensuring, as far as is practicably possible, that disruption and inconvenience is managed to an absolute minimum.
- To provide advice to the County Council and external bodies on matters relating to the Network Management service.
- To provide a good level of technical knowledge, customer care, communication and self-control.
- Your working hours will be: Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 16:30.
- Possess a confident and professional manner with strong communication skills
- ONC in an appropriate discipline or A levels Or Demonstrable level of skill/knowledge/experience in core competencies and appropriate level of technical skills in a highways related discipline.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Streetworks Accreditation
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Registration
- Relevant experience of operational highway services in the following areas: Streetworks I, Maintenance, Minor improvements, Highways development, Public rights of way, Traffic and Road safety engineering
- Knowledge at an appropriate level of: Highways maintenance, Highways development, Public Rights of Way, Traffic legislation, Highways Act, Road Safety, Planning legislation and guidance and NRSWA
- Weekly pay
- Accessible by Public transport
- Temporary ongoing position
If you feel that you have the skills to meet this challenging and exciting position, please forward your CV or call Linda Grinius Lincoln branch on 01522 546 643.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been successful.