Accounts Assistant / Purchase Ledger Clerk - Newark
£20,000 - £25,000
Monday to Friday – full time & permanent
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of ambitions personnel who are acting as an employment agency.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a fun, modern and forward thinking Newark based business! It can be high pressured at times so no shrinking violets need apply!
JOB PURPOSE: Under the guidance of the Head of Contracts and Finance, assist with the provision of high-quality finance/payroll/ticketing support and contribute effectively to the function of the Finance Team.
- Manage everything sales and purchase ledger – so experience in this is an absolute must!!
- Work closely with the Head of Contracts and Finance to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters
- Support the Contracts and Finance Manager by inputting into sales and purchase ledgers from source documents
- Matching invoices to statements and purchase orders to invoices
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy
- Assist in the production of financial statements and applications, preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required
- Plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the company’s monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
- Process and reconcile petty cash
- Assist with filing and post
- Sales and purchase ledger experience of 3 years +
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to complete work carefully, accurately and to agreed deadlines, taking a pro-active approach to work to ensure that these deadlines are met
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An analytical, logical and methodical approach
- Appreciation of need to maintain strictest confidence and adopt a professional approach to all aspects of the finance/payroll service
- Excellent ICT skills with a proven ability to learn and adapt to new systems and procedures
- Ability to use MS word and Excel
- Basic understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
- Able to work in a busy office environment that often demands high levels of concentration
- Able to respond effectively to changing priorities
- Able to manage high volume workload
- Good problem-solving skills
Monday to Friday
Free on-site parking
To apply, please contact Michelle Dalby on 01636 611320 or email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been successful.