Temporary Assets & Estates Manager
3 month contract
Full Time, 40 hours
£23 to £27.90 per hour
Our client is currently recruiting for an & Estates Manager to join their team on a Temporary basis for a 3 month contract. They are looking for a canidate with previous experience and a flexibility to working hours.
Your main responsibilities will be;
· Manage all aspects of commercial property within a local authority environment.
· Provide development appraisals, valuations and general advice for a variety of different purposes.
· Prepare committee reports and briefings for clients and attend committees and working groups as necessary.
· Manage construction/capital projects up to £5m.
· Day to day management of existing land and property including liaising with tenants, monitoring costs and billing etc.
· Manage project teams to ensure delivery of targets.
· Manage effective relationships with internal customers and contractors.
· Seek opportunities for new developments.
· Investigate prospective sites and assess viability and risk associated with development.
· Procure surveys, investigations and professional services for sites, assist in the management and reporting of pre-contract costs.
· Work with in-house and external professionals during the pre-planning and planning stage process.
· Liaise with clients to understand their requirements, and assist in the process of finding and formulating proposals to meet their needs.
· Support and work with the Estates and Facilities Management teams, monitoring project finances, cash flows and agreed targets.
· Assist in procuring construction prices, ensuring that the appropriate level of information is available in a suitable format and on time.
· Act as part of an internal ‘client team’ for construction projects.
The ideal candidate will have;
· Full understanding of the construction project development process.
· Good negotiating skills.
· Thorough knowledge of building construction work and associated legislation
· General knowledge of basic engineering (civil) works
· IT literate (Microsoft Office)
· Good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and use of CDM Regulations.
· Working knowledge of the Party Wall Act (Desirable).
· Minimum of 2 years experience within a similar role.
· A full drivers licence.
If this role is of interest to you please hit apply!