We are recruiting for a Stores Operative for a market leading organisation based in Huntingdon.
The job purpose is to ensure for the correct and safe handling of incoming and outward going stock. To support the Production Effort in the correct supply of stock at the right time
Duties and responsibilities of a Stores Operative:
- To be fully conversant with MFG pro, Excel, E-mail, Intranet, Merlin.
- Carry out the full range of duties required by the Stores Grading System
- Receive raw materials into factory and complete all relevant documentation.
- Ensure correct storage of raw materials and finished goods to preserve materials/product integrity and identification.
- Ensure that the correct stocks are available to production in the correct areas.
- Ensure that the correct procedure is followed if back flushing or releasing works orders.
- Ensure that ‘Clean as you go’ procedures are followed.
- Follow the correct procedure for the despatch of finished goods.
- To carry out full weekly cycle counts
- Ensure stock rotation is carried out properly.
- Pallet quality and quantity control.
- To understand the procedure behind cold store breakdowns.
- Control of bulk product.
- To understand and carry out the ‘hold’ procedure.
- Personal protective equipment is used correctly at all times.
- Correct operation of the pallet inverter.
- To follow the correct procedure for stock transfer.
- Ensure that safety checks are carried out on all equipment.
- To report any faulty or damaged equipment immediately to Line Manager.
- Fully understand sscc labelling
- Complete cleaning schedules
- To operate forklift trucks in a safe and proper manner
- To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
- To identify and display a positive attitude towards change and continuous improvement within your area of responsibility. Assist others in the implementation of change and provide feedback for improvement for the processes in which you are involved.
- To fully comply with the company behaviour polices and values
The ideal candidate for a Stores Operative must have:
- Good level of education.
- Relevant experience within a stores/warehouse environment.
- Trained on Counterbalance & Reach Trucks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Shows initiative, self-motivated & well organised.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Good IT ability.
- Report writing & procedural writing skills.
- Willingness to embrace & develop new ideas.
- Intermediate food hygiene.
This Stores Operative role is Monday to Friday on 2-week rotation shift 06:00 - 14:00 and 14:00 - 22:00.
This is a temporary to permanent opportunity with an immediate start.
Apply now for this Stores Operative job!!! Contact us on 01733 562303 or come into our office at Ambitions Personnel, 8b Church Street, Peterborough, PE1 1XB