Sheltered Housing Manager - 3 month Contract- Starting as soon as possible
£20.00 to £22.00 per hour, dependent on experience
Our Public Sector client based in Grantham is currently recruiting for a Sheltered Housing Manager to join their team on a temporary basis for 3 months. You will be supporting the current team in providing and supporting the Sheltered Housing service.
Ideally you will have previous experience in a similar role and have a passion for the sector, as well as excellent customer service skills and the ability to liaise with individuals of all levels.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Manage and lead a highly efficient and successful sheltered housing service.
- Ensure all internal procedures and systems are fit for purpose and are delivering value for money and good customer service.
- To promote and actively participate in working with other agencies and statutory bodies.
- Manage the performance of the wider team in line with KPI’s, health and safety monitoring and compliance, and also provide changes and resolutions where improvement is needed
- Manage and motivate the team by completing regular reviews with team members as well as managing work-loads efficiently and planning ahead for year end.
- Ensuring contracts are in place across the service, and that these are approved, monitored and reviewed as and when necessary.
- Provide support for tenant and ensure that systems are in place to provide tenants with a variety of information to promote independence on managing their tenancy.
- Support the Head of Housing Services to respond to enquiries of various natures.
- Investigate complaints or service failures, taking any necessary steps to improve future service delivery.
- Effectively manage budgets and ensure revenue and income is maximized.
- Review and develop strategies, policies, procedures and plans for the team, recommending changes and improvements which in turn deliver better outcomes for tenants.
The ideal candidate will;
- Have the ability to effectively and efficiently manage people and resources.
- Be able to review and implement agreed changes to policies and plans to deliver outcomes.
- Be able to provide a strong focus on delivery of work plans to ensure the team achieve service targets.
- Have an understanding of compliance and health and safety requirements.
- Have the ability to challenge current working practices to improve outcomes and service delivery.
- Be able to manage projects in a positive and resilient manner.
- A relevant Degree or be qualified by experience in a similar role
- Current driving license and access to own vehicle
- Knowledge and experience of Housing legislation, health and safety legislation and compliance across sheltered housing schemes.
- Experience of managing and monitoring budgets and processes that come alongside this.
- Experience of managing sheltered housing.
- Experience of managing a team and achieving effective outcomes against performance targets.
- Understanding of safeguarding procedures relating to children/young people and vulnerable adults
- Experience of resident engagement
If this role is of interest to you and you feel you have the necessary experience please hit apply!