An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Finance Assistant to join our prestige client based near Lincoln on a full time temporary potentially permanent basis.
The specific accountabilities of this role will be flexible and will change to meet the needs of the organisation as required but will include (or be equivalent in nature to) those listed below:
- Accurate entry and management of data into Exchequer for both income and expenditure for both Charity and Trading Subsidiary
- Importing income data from Donor software ensuring accuracy in coding and presence of correct paperwork
- Responsible for the management of unsupported income
- Robust reconciliation between Exchequer and Donorflex to ensure all income is captured in both systems accurately
- Tracking and processing of all supplier invoices and payments ensuring the correct coding and authorisation has been applied.
- Monthly reconciliations of both trading and lottery bank accounts ensuring all transactions are fully processed
- Recording of transactions on the Charity bank statement during the month including direct debits payments
- Monitor creditors with responsibility for proficient and effective credit control
- Responsible for updating supplier ledgers ensuring bank details are clarified as appropriate
- Managing petty cash
- Reconciliation of company credit cards
- Sole responsibility for direct debit processing for all relevant Charity income streams with responsibility for ongoing maintenance of the entire system, ensuring timely processes and governance of the Charity direct debits
- Process and record all legacy information to ensure fulfilment, accurate data and effective reporting
- Update all financial procedures as necessary as systems change or new ones are introduced
- Ensure monthly processes are completed within strict timelines
- Preferably AAT membership, or working towards it.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of principles of financial management, accounting principles and practice.
- Good communication skills.
- Confidently cover cash counting duties
- Ensure good governance across all areas of the Charity providing key information as needed for Companies House, Charities Commission, PCI compliance, GDPR and other statutory bodies.
- Other duties as reasonably requested by Head of Finance.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30 – 16.30.
- Weekly pay
- Free onsite car parking
- Accessible by Public transport
If you feel that you have the skills to meet this challenging and exciting position, please forward your CV to email@example.com or call Lincoln branch on 01522 546 643.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been successful.