An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Auditor to join our prestige client based in Lincoln on a full time temporary basis. This role will start on 3rd February 2020 and expire on 3rd August 2020.
The specific accountabilities of this role will be flexible and will change to meet the needs of the organisation as required but will include (or be equivalent in nature to) those listed below:
- Leading and delivering of audit assignments – making recommendations to improve governance, management of risks and controls
- Effectively communicating the results of audit work – both verbally and through reports to senior managers
- Critically analysing complex situations and issues to provide value adding insight and identifying key themes to help management action
- Manage audit budgets effectively, and proactively identify issues affecting delivery, providing solutions and options ahead of deadlines.
- Undertake self-review of working papers to ensure quality standards and professional standards have been met.
- Have relevant experience in audit and / or risk.
- Working in local authorities or other public service bodies.
- Proven track record of working within Internal Audit – including the ability to present findings at all levels internally & externally.
- Be able to demonstrate the attributes and professional standards set out in Public Sector Internal Audit Standards and associated CIPFA guidance.
- Practical experience of auditing and the evaluation of complex financial and operational systems and processes.
- Experience of producing and delivering presentations and facilitated workshops to multidisciplinary groups.
- Good communication skills – fluency in report writing and in presenting information to senior managers and Councillors.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.
- We will be offering up to £350 per day for the appropriate qualified and experienced candidate.
- Weekly pay
- Subsidised car parking
- Full driving license and own car essential
- Temporary ongoing position
If you feel that you have the skills to meet this challenging and exciting position, please forward your CV to email@example.com or call Lincoln branch on 01522 546 643.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been successful.