How would you like to join a Procurement and Logistics team within a global business? Do you think you have what it takes to compliment this position and become an invaluable member of the team?
The Procurement and Logistics Controller will be responsible for providing comprehensive administrative and operational support to the Procurement & Logistics Team’s day-to-day national and international operations to ensure goods are ordered, received, and shipped in a timely manner and according to company procedure.
You will need the ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines in a busy working environment. You will need to be confident in your approach to your work, having a hands-on approach with a willingness to work as part of a team and delve into problem solving, this also means having a keen eye for attention to detail and good organisational skills. It will be advantageous to understand currencies and exchange rates and some moderate lifting and handling skills are required.
The Job role of Procurement and Logistics Controller will entail:
- Administer and respond to quote requests
- Place and manage orders with national and international suppliers
- Coordinate goods deliveries to UK and overseas users
- Check goods and delivery documents conform to orders
- Receive goods into stock and coordinate allocation and dispatch to users
- Check and administer suppliers’ invoices
- Actively participate in quarterly stock takes
- Support our domestic and international shipping operations, including transport booking, picking, and processing all relevant paperwork
- Keep up-to-date and accurate records of all transactions
- Actively participate in the business’ on-going project of building a strong sustainable Procurement & Logistics base for the business
- Undertake any operational and administrative tasks that may be reasonably requested
- Demonstrate flexibility and a degree of creativity in supporting the team
If the sound of Procurement and Logistics Controller sounds of interest to you, please hit apply today!