An excellent opportunity for a practice accountant to learn on the job and develop your skills and enhance your abilities in an established practice.
A varied and interesting role encompassing, bookkeeping, client management and end of year accounts production. Main tasks will include preparation of statutory accounts, business tax and day to day management of client records including bookkeeping /VAT / management accounts.
Minimum of two years current / recent practice experience you will be looking for a new challenge.
Ideally ACCA/ACA qualified or qualified by experience.
- You will be responsible for regular book-keeping and VAT returns for a small portfolio of clients to include:
Review of key control accounts such as sales ledger, purchase ledger and wages.
Preparation and submission of VAT returns.
Processing clients bank payments.
Supporting pay-roll manager as required.
- Preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies with minimal
assistance on a day to day basis
- Preparation of business tax computations and associated schedules
- Working within the accounts team you will help service a portfolio of clients, dealing with year-end
and other ad-hoc issues throughout the year
- Advising clients on most suitable accounting software solutions for their businesses
- General office duties to ensure our clients are serviced to a high standard
Skills and Qualities required
§ Minimum of two years’ proven experience in accountancy practice in an accounts only or multidisciplined
§ ACCA/ACA qualified or AAT qualified and must have commenced ACCA/ACA – or qualified by
§ Experienced in working with a wide-ranging portfolio of clients
§ Commercially aware
§ Focused on meeting deadlines through effective time management
§ Proficient and confident with IT, especially MS Office applications, and cloud-based accounting
solutions such as Xero and Quickbooks.
§ Clean driving licence with access to a car for business use
§ Motivated and committed to provide an excellent service to both clients and colleagues
§ Enthusiastic and desire to succeed
§ Driven to develop skills
§ Excellent organisational skills – a “finisher”
§ A strong team-player
§ A self-confident communicator – excellent verbal and written communication skills