A leading plastic processing producers. Specialising within the plastic recycling market, to supply their clients with solutions for waste and similar associated needs.
These positions are on a temporary to permanent basis.
As the Extrusion Operator, your main responsibilities are
- Safe operation of a pellet extruder/cleaning of extruder equipment, completing screen filter changes at the required rate, use of Masterbatch material
- Provide quality samples at the specified rate [bulk density checks, visual checks of pellets]
- Maintaining extruder output to the required standard
- Housekeeping in the Extruder area - including ancillary process equipment
- Record extruder process conditions, at the specified rate
- Supervision of the Extruder assistant role [correct in feed material, recording of bag descriptions and numbers, safe operations]
Experience and Background for the Extrusion Operator
- You will have 2-5 years machine operator background
- Extrusion, blown film, injection moulding, profile extrusion.
- Mechanical appreciation of process equipment.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (Health and Safety, Quality, Hygiene, PPE and Production).
- Ensure that all Quality Assurance checks are carried out to ensure that defective quality material does not reach the customer.
- Has worked in a factory environment previously
Salary: £12.00-£13.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Peterborough PE1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)