Are you looking to work in an autonomous role where you will manage your own interesting and technically varied project workload?
Are you a New Product Design Engineer, with a strong electrical & lighting product background? Bright sparks apply here!
Your role will be split into three main areas:
New Product (25% of your time)
- New Product Introduction document production – ensuring timelines are kept, deviations from the specification are managed and features are captured on the document.
- Configuring new products for testing and conducting evaluations
- Keeping up to date product technical files and sending products for testing where required and liaising with external test laboratories
- Product improvements – assess possible improvements in both performance and installation of products and log an accurate timeline of actions for past, present and future planed updates.
- Prepare fabrication and other drawings, such as new product concepts providing both dimensions and style notes
Inspection & quality (25% of time)
- Creation of product inspection reports and assessing potential failure points in products (both existing & those in development) to ensure the highest quality of the product range from all suppliers
- Assisting quality related investigations both in-house and on site
- Reviewing inspection reports from suppliers prior to shipment
Technical Support (50% of time)
- Contributing to the technical element of tender submissions
- Sourcing product information from supplier resources and communicating directly with suppliers where necessary
- Managing product approvals to required markets – this may include export, rail or highways approval as well as managing tender approvals
- Support sales with large / complex projects and manage them to completion. This may involve site visits and meetings with the internal and external teams.
- Provide day-to-day technical support to both the internal and external sales teams
- Managing VCP and specials workload – determine the value to the business, logging projects and capturing all communication, ensuring smooth transition to site and commission where required.
Engineer your career here! Apply now or call Lynsey on 01623 629966.