An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Officer to join our prestige client based in Lincoln on a full time temporary basis.
The specific accountabilities of this role will be flexible and will change to meet the needs of the organisation as required but will include (or be equivalent in nature to) those listed below:
- To assist in ensuring that there is effective strategic financial planning and financial management in relation to all revenue and capital budgets.
- To assist in the coordination and delivery of financial planning for all revenue and capital budgets.
- Budget setting.
- Overseeing the financial support arrangements and highlighting any weaknesses regarding maintenance of accounts.
- Assessing the effectiveness of budget monitoring arrangements.
- Reviewing and challenging Budget Holder outturn projections ensuring, in particular, that budgets are realistic, resources have been allocated promptly and outturn projections look reasonable in relation to spending to date.
- Advising Budget Holders and Senior Managers on the overall financial position and key issues.
- Assisting with the development of systems to help improve the accuracy of outturn projections, particularly for large, more volatile and high risk budgets.
- Liaising with the Finance Managers, Heads of Finance and Serco re key concerns.
- Identification of potential areas for delivery of future efficiency savings.
- Monitoring the delivery of efficiency savings throughout the year and reporting therein.
- To assist with the bank account reconciliation.
- Closure of Accounts.
- Produce and maintain a spreadsheet containing data.
- Completion of monthly Bank reconciliations for a number of bank accounts.
- Preferably AAT membership, or working towards it.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of principles of financial management, accounting principles and practice.
- Detailed knowledge of Financial Strategy, financial regulations, financial procedures, schemes of authorisation and their rationale within the control framework.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with officers, external auditors and partners, including funding bodies and government departments and agencies, so as to secure their confidence and respect.
- Good ICT skills, including corporate finance systems (e.g. Agresso) and Excel.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.
- Weekly pay
- Subsidised car parking
- Accessible by Public transport
- Temporary ongoing position
If you feel that you have the skills to meet this challenging and exciting position, please forward your CV to email@example.com or call Lincoln branch on 01522 546 643.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been successful.