Do you have a background in Social work? Experience working with young vulnerable people? Can you handle stressful situations?
As the Complex Needs Practitioner you will be working with young people who have complex, intensive support needs and present with high levels of challenging behaviour. You will be helping them gain independence and develop relevant skills to sustain accommodation within the local community.
With an understanding of social care and youth justice your working hours will be on a 4 on 4 off shift basis with the hours ranging between 7am-10pm.
Duties will include but not limited to:-
- Support service users identified as significant, intensive, and complex needs.
- Build positive relationships to enhance successful engagement.
- Plan and review support plans
- Complete and update dynamic risk assessments.
- Develop and review, in negotiation with service users and other professionals, co-ordinated packages of support that meet their needs.
- Provide information, support, signposting and advocacy.
- Maintain up-to-date specialist knowledge around current issues, legislation, and best practice for supporting young people with high and intensive needs.