Selling water to a thirsty man is easy. The need is essential, the requirement clear. But what if you needed to convince the man he was thirsty? What if he didn’t quite get that he needed to drink? What would you do? What would you say? That’s why you’ll be great at selling services. You’ll be consulting with companies to help them understand the danger they are in and the best solutions they can use. You’ll need to rise to the challenge, winning new clients and paving the way to achieving a successful budget.
Established in the 1940s, our Client now has an annual revenue of over £29million and are in a period of investment and worldwide growth. As part of this growth, we are looking to appoint a Business Development Manager to grow the Sales for the Company’s Technical Services team. The Technical Services team designs products for clients worldwide in varying industries such as Electrical Transmission and Distribution, Rail, Renewable Generation and Petrochemical sectors.
Headquartered at our Nottingham office, but travelling UK wide your duties will include:-
- Growing the Sales of Technical Services
- Developing relationships with new and existing customers in the UK and Irish markets.
- Compiling and analysing sales figures and targets
- Assisting the Marketing team to develop new and existing range services and products
- Prepare and deliver presentations to consultants and clients in the Power Industry
- Cross-selling of other Company products and Services as the opportunity arises.
- Monitor contract/tender announcements from various sources
- Have a demonstrable track record of selling a service
- Have a basic technical/electrical aptitude
- Be computer literate
- Hold a full driving license
- Be capable of passing a Network Rail Medical/Drugs & Alcohol screening
- Be completely conversant in spoken and written English
- Currently eligible to live and work in the UK
- Willing to learn
- Have that “can do” attitude
In return we are offering:-
- Up to £33,000 per annum
- Personal Commission
- Profit Related Pay
- Company vehicle with personal use
- Private health
- Mobile phone
This young department is lucky enough to have leaders who have worked in the industry for a long time. You won’t be alone, you will have the effective mentorship in place to help you make your mark and develop your commercial instincts even further.
Give me (Lynsey) a call on 01623 629966 for a chat, or an email if that’s easier. Everyone will get a response.