[Assistant to the Technical Manager]
- The Directors
- The Technical Manager
This exciting role as Assistant Technical Manager involves looking at a multitude of different aspects within the office, the workshop and the on-site environment.
The candidate can expect to be involved in all technical aspects from the initial enquiry stage, quotations, specifying, manufacturing and purchasing right the way through to the completion of projects, and then after sales service and technical support.
The role will also involve technical assessment of workshop testing, its analysis and its possible inclusion in the company portfolio of products and their improvements.
As part of the strong forward-thinking technical team, the candidate will help to provide and work on a range of mechanical, electrical, technical information and details for colleagues and clients alike.
Bespoke designs are undertaken to suit the demands of clients, their requirements and processes. This requires the ability to read, understand and work to written specifications and codes of practice.
Work will take place on a vast array of projects in multiple industries all over the UK and internationally.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Candidates should be able to demonstrate and be competent in a variety of fields as follows:
- Must be computer literate, specifically with a good knowledge and understanding of MS office.
- Must be able to prepare “Risk Assessments and Method Statements” (RAMS) for the variety of tasks that we undertake for clients and the particular demands of their sites, this requires the ability to put things down on paper in a logical and understandable format i.e. good skills in the written word.
- Ideally a background in draughtsmanship is needed i.e. use of a CAD based programmes is desirable.
- Must be mathematically competent with a good understanding of equations, measurements and conversions.
- Must possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills with colleagues and be comfortable talking to clients, contractors and sub-contractors on the phone and via e-mail.
- Should possess an interest in engineering, with a background in Mechanical and/or electrical engineering.
- Should demonstrate a keenness and a willingness to learn new things and acquire new skills and knowledge.
- It would be beneficial for the candidate to have some familiarity or knowledge of Health & Safety related issues and control.
- It would be beneficial for the candidate to have some experience of planning works and meeting deadlines within industry.
- Should have some experience of looking at costings and pricings, including an understanding of spread sheets and the ability to work within budgets.
The office is clean and is air conditioned; it has recently been upgraded to include new facilities etc. with more to come.